An internship is a temporary on-the-job learning experience that allows students to take knowledge they have gained from academic studies and apply it to a workplace setting. Internships can last one semester, or can be longer/shorter. You can intern in many areas of study in almost any part of the country, or even abroad.
- What are the benefits? Experiential learning is an effective way to obtain employment after graduation.
- It affords you the opportunity to develop essential work related skills and expand your network.
- You can increase your self-confidence and professionalism.
- Find out what it is like to work in a specific field.
- Strengthen your resume and portfolio. Related experience is critical to landing a future job.
- Find out before graduation what you’d like to do after graduation.
Here is some additional valuable information regarding internships: